I created Poet & Priestess Community to bring together proudly passionate folks who are ready to inhabit the a-mazing places where magic and poetry meet. After decades of weaving together workshops, anthologies, communities, performances, retreats, and rituals from threads of words, women, rhythm, and wisdom, I was led to a beautiful, woman-created social platform, and I knew I had found the place to host the lifelong web party I had dreamed of.
Poet & Priestess Community brings together women poets and poetry lovers, feminists, and women-centered spiritual seekers and practitioners from around the world to practice poetry, scansion, and magic, weave webs of connection and empowerment, and explore the rhythmic languages of poetry and life so we can learn to craft our lives and words in more joyfully powerful ways.
Poet, Writer, Founder of Poet & Priestess Community
Poet & Priestess Community is . . .
- A learning space where those who value poems, rhythm, scansion, and/or magic intermingle with the students from Annie Finch's workshops, classes & retreats in poetry and/or spirituality
- A womxn-only space, open to all who identify as women or non-binary
- A passionate space where liberation, creativity, diversity, and truth are paramount and the First Law of Witchcraft is honored: “if it harms none, do as you will”
- A Kind, re-membering space where truthful, challenging conversations safely hark to the Second Law of Witchcraft: “always assume the other person is doing their best”
- A magical space where the Powers and Crafts of ritual patterns are well-comed, where Grammar dis-covers our Glamour, where craft, skill, and attention root, and Webs of wise new Ways spin stronger
Poets &/or priestesses who Heed this call are warmly invited to weave your voice and vision into our cannily cunning, rhythmically inspired, wildly wise community!